Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sara Gruen, author of Water For Elephants, chatted with a fan about Rob:“AND ROB READS!”

People have been asking me to post about my chatting with Sara Gruen recently at a book signing for “Ape House”, so here it is!

I bought four copies of “Ape House” at the signing, two for “Rob Pattinson fan” friends I’ve made this year. When I approached the table and showed my stack of four, Ms. Gruen very dramatically said with arms outstretched and a broad smile– “I LOVE you!” As she graciously personalized each copy with a name, I asked her if there was any striking thing she noted on the film set– seeing a story on the page being brought to life on screen. She said, “Yes, that they film everything out of order! If I wasn’t the author, I wouldn’t know what the story was!”

Then she went off on a bit of a tangent, with this air of admiration, “Now with Rob on the movie”….. and then she related that he is just a really nice guy, it’s amazing, and he’s so down to earth. I said that Rob Pattinson has many fans, and some came to this book from that place, and that we hear time and again in our online fan site chatter about how nice he is. She said, yes, he’s just so grounded, and she doesn’t know how he handles everything.

And then just when I thought she was done, she said with excitement, “AND ROB READS!” I said his fans know, and we think it’s great and people actually seek out the books he talks about. I know many fans wish he had a reading list we could follow!
source  via

No comments: